7 Temmuz 2012 Cumartesi

Another Sneaky Sneak Peek

To contact us Click HERE
Red Heart in Progress2

Last week I posted a really sneaky sneak peek of this piece, so this week I thought I'd let you all see a bit more. I wasn't trying to be mean, I promise! :) This is a commissioned piece and new-baby gift for one of my best friends, so I just don't want to give too much away yet! 

Read heart sketch overlay3

I began sketching wings for the heart on transparent paper. That way I can still see the background, which helps me make decisions in how I design the painting and drawing that will go on top of the collage base.

Read heart sketch overlay2

See that funny face? It's not actually part of the design! My three-year-old was "helping" me and added that sweet little detail all by herself.

black and white background3

The stripes are painting and collage. At the moment they seem to clash a bit with the patchwork heart, but they will be mostly painted over as I fill in the wings, with just a bit of the pattern peeking through.

Read heart sketch overlay

It's been a rough week and I'm feeling a bit tender, but how can I help but to smile--with such a cheerful project on my desk, thinking about my friend and her soon-to-be-born baby girl, and looking at my daughter's funny doodle! Life is good, it really is.

More soon, friends. Happy weekend to you!


Linking up with Studio JRU,  Paint Party

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder