7 Temmuz 2012 Cumartesi

piecing it all together

To contact us Click HERE
blue papers

Red Heart in Progress5

Red Heart in Progress4

I feel myself more and more drawn to collage, it is speaking to me, this combination of various, seemingly random elements into a cohesive whole. Maybe it's because collage is kind of like life in this way--it's the hope that all of the incongruous pieces and even the messy bits will all come together to make something beautiful. And it's interesting that several readers have commented on how my new patchwork creations are reminiscent of fabric and quilting. When Jennifer wished me a wonderful blessing last week--that comfort would wrap around my heart "like a warm quilt"--I had an "ah ha!" moment. My new work is all about comfort and to me there's nothing more comfortable than a quilt! Quilts are some of my very favorite things and I love that they have found their way (somewhat unconsciously) into my work.

Whenever I'm struggling or feeling down, the restful colors of blue always comfort me too. Well, really, blues are like "home" no matter how I'm feeling. They just make me happy. I've been putting together a collection of blue papers for my next piece--can't wait to start cutting these up and see what emerges!

The red heart is almost finished--just the detail work of the wings left to go. I've been savoring this winged-heart piece, not feeling rushed at all. I think its message is something my soul needs to soak up at the moment. Thank you all for your sweet comments last week--the wishes for comfort and wings for my own heart! I have stories to share soon; sometimes a little quiet is in order, but I've really been missing this space and I'm working on a plan to get back on track and blogging again regularly!

Happy Weekend and Big, Grateful Hugs from Hamburg,

Sadee

Linking up with Studio JRU,  Paint Party

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder