23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Drifting along . . .



"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
-Dolly Parton



Oh, I would like to adjust those sails alright, by taking them down and just drifting for a bit.I've still just not quite adjusted to the schedule of school yet, and being gone three nights during the weekday's, doesn't help - although we do love our football! So I'm pretending that I'm on that sailboat, with its sails down, 'cause it doesn't look like they're coming back for me! ; )
I did manage to get to the sunrise last weekend and I remembered reading in one of my photography booksthat you could get a moonrise like photo if you changed the white balance. So I took a few with it set to incandescent, and although I'm not so sure it looks like a moonrise, I do like the effect.

{ Shoot.Edit.Submit}
And a short visit to the beach . . . I just love watching the pelicans skim those waves!

I kept seeing more and more pelicans, unusually so, flying by me, and then realized that they were landing on the State Park beach. I don't think in all the times I have been that I have ever seen them in this spot. But my euphoria didn't last long, as I was spotted and right on cue they all took off together. With a wing span of 6-8 feet, I have no idea how they take off with out getting tangled in one another....especially since they were standing so close to each other.


But this cormorant didn't mind me too much, even sang me a little tune of Galveston, Oh Galveston.

And what's a day at the beach without a few friends.  But apparently they don't like fudge poptarts . . .

Or they were just holding out for my Cheetos . . . oh do they ever like their Cheetos!

This week at Photo Art Friday Bonnie gave us a theme of movement. I overlayed two images and added two layers of her texture mauve threads. I think it surely works well with water and gives more movement to the piece. 

And my submission to Flower Art Friday with  two layers of Kim Klassen's texture take heart at hardlight.

{Photographers choice - Photograph life }
Happy Friday to you, and I hope your weekend is a restful one!!
Love, KimXO

Linking up to Flower Art Friday, Photo Art Friday, Mom Tried It, Photograph life, Finding Serendipity {1440}

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder