26 Eylül 2012 Çarşamba

The Harvest Nest . . .

To contact us Click HERE



"Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolor,Summer an oil painting andAutumn a mosaic of them all."
- Stanley Horowitz

{ Kim Klassen paper and paste in overlay }
"The Harvest Fairy"

Today I want to share something very special with you, a blog I happened across called 2 bags fullfrom another blog friend. Vicki's bags, they are full of yarn. Beautiful, scrumptious, incredible yarns that shecollects and uses to knit and decorate little nests. And these little nests of goodness are knitted with loveand are magical and last weekend my newest one called "The Harvest Nest" arrived.
I opened the box and inside was the nest wrapped by hand stamped tissue paper and the beautifulhandcrafted tag (above) was made by her friend Sue.
It's always fun to receive a package in the mail, but even more fun when there is so much attention to detail put into it.
I present to you, The Harvest nest . . . I'll wait while you pick your mouth up off the floor. Isn't it just exquisite!!
She said that in designing the nest, she wanted to create a collection of yarns that would representa sunny walk in the woods on a crisp, cool Autumn day. And she did just that.

{ Kim Klassen stamped right 1 in overlay }
 And each nest came with three bejeweled acorns, the perfect touch.


She even nestled a small tin heart, between the glittery acorn and the sunflower . . .

More details . . .



Yarns, ribbons, and even beads . . . I like to display mine on a candle holder so thatthe yarns dangle. I'm looking forward to using this on my Thanksgiving table!


And I even found the perfect house nest guest!!
Vicki said, "Because this is such a special nest - a nest that represents the bounty and of blessingsabundant", she is donating the charitable profits to a group of knitting women at her church. They will thenuse the money towards buying more yarn to use in knitting things to keep others warm this winter.
Thank you Vicki, for sharing your time and talents with all of us. I hope you'll hop on over and checkout her blog (at the link I gave above).
 Hope your week is going well!
Love, KimXO
Psssst - It's my day over at my collaborative blog, Focusing on Life and I would love for you tojoin me over there (click here) as I'm talking about life in the fast lane and hurrying up to be still. And whileyou are there consider adding some of your photos that represent connections (theme of the month) to our flickr group, you just might be chosen for our InFocus photo of the week!! xo



Sharing with Communal Global and . . .
kimklassencafeSweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder