22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Tiny Map Art Experiments

Under the Same Stars2

Like I mentioned last week, I've recently acquired some wonderful treasures--two vintage German World Atlases: one really big one and also an itty bitty one. I've been experimenting with them, trying to decide how exactly the maps are going to start making an appearance in my work.

This little work-in-progress is a collage I'm calling "Under the Same Stars."  It measures just a bit over 6 x 8 inches, and boy am I realizing that making tiny art takes practice! This one has actually been on my desk for at least three months because I was feeling stuck--there's not as much room on the tiny canvas to make mistakes or let the piece sort of do what it wants.

On the other hand, the things that I don't like about this piece so far have inspired me to add some details that I hadn't originally considered! Next time I show this to you, be expecting to see some worn little houses (painstakingly constructed like the pink ones in this piece) and some delicate flower details around the edges of the map. The yellow and white stripes (which is a different experiment--with my shop packaging!) have inspired me to add more yellow too.

Ok, here I go. Let's see if I can turn this around and make this little guy one of my new favorites. :) Any suggestions?

Happy Friday!


Linking up with Studio JRU and Paint Party.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder