10 Kasım 2012 Cumartesi

Watercolor and Collage in my Dreams

To contact us Click HERE
violet grunge rosechevron map collageviolet grunge rose2chevron map collage

Like I mentioned last week, using the chevron pattern is getting addicting for me! Tedious, yes, but I love detail work like this. I totally get lost in it. Can't wait to complete this pieces--actually, these photos are of elements from two of the four different pieces I'm right in the middle of working on right now. Do you remember these elements from the papers in this post?

My dreams of late consist of me playing with watercolor, cutting paper and arranging it on canvas--really! I had to get out of bed late one night because try as I may, I just couldn't sleep until I finished that rose. And as much as I seek peace and rest and living for this moment, wondering about the future, about whether or not my art is actually going somewhere, still sometimes keeps me up at night too. But every time I begin to worry, in my heart I distinctly hear the words, "just do the work." Which I think is great news! For what felt like a long time, my heart was telling me to "rest." So now I'm trying just to focus on doing the work and loving it.

I'd love to know: what does your heart tell you when you start to worry? 

Wishing you a happy and creative weekend!


Linking with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder