18 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Let Your Wings Unfurl

To contact us Click HERE
denim and dirt ovaldenim and dirt keyholefeathers final detaildenim and dirt keyhole2denim and dirt crown

Cultivating joy and thankfulness even in the midst of life's messes (especially in the messes, I think). And of course, falling into the Arms of Grace when I fail to find the strength--time and again. It's certainly easier said than done, but I can honestly say the times I've remembered this have made a tremendous difference in my life over the past two years (and longer).

I started working on this piece a while back, and I knew from the start that I wanted to create a something that would sing my heartsong, that would represent the core of what I'm all about. Although I didn't have a clear vision of what exactly that "thing" was, this piece emerged so beautifully and tells a story that truly is me. And  because it's development truly followed the course of 3-4 months worth of daily grunge that I would say was considerably grungier than usual, this story lives inside of the painting, allowing it truly to mean what it says.

Working on "Denim and Dirt" was probably the most fun creating art that I've had in a while. (Interesting, how much of the "Oklahoma" that is inside of me--from the first 25 years of my life--came out in this piece! Denim, dirt, turquoise and feathers--does this heart feel a little "country" or "southwestern" to you?) I'm falling more and more in love with collage--I love all of the mystery and layers of meaning that simply present themselves without prior planning on my part. What do you see in this piece?

***My techie husband and I are working on building my website, using this image as the centerpiece! Exciting! And there are ideas for an e-course slowly solidifying in my brain--something about finding healing and joy through watercolor-collage. If you'd like to keep updated on these happenings, I'm collecting emails for (an eventual) newsletter here. Thanks!***

Linking with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder