5 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Thankful for a headache?

To contact us Click HERE


"Far and away there in the sunshine are my highestaspirations. I may not reach them but I can lookup and see their beauty, believe in them and tryto follow them."   - Louisa May Alcott

I had not planned on going to watch the sunrise this morning, as there were things to do and an orthodontic appointment for the choir girl. In fact I was going to sleep in this morning, buta rotten headache and allergies kept me from going back to sleep after I made sure the kids werein fact up and getting ready for school. And as they walked out of the door at 6:50 my daughter saidit's going to be a great sunrise this morning. She doesn't usually say much that early in the morning, and that is when I knew I should look.
I peeked out the door . . . and was completely gobsmacked (I love that word). Blown over, in a panicked kind of way as I knew the time for the sunrise was 7:23 and it takes about 20 minutes to reach the bay in the morning school traffic. There was just no way I was going to get there before it rose, to capture what I was seeing.
Of all the days, the dog picks today to not ask to go out first thing, gee thanks! ha ha
I made a split second decision to throw on some clothes and go anyway, and you know, I had even considered just going in my p.j's to save a few minutes. That was fleeting.
Today, I was thankful for red lights . . . when does that ever happen!And for my phone camera!
This was my first shot, as I almost tripped trying to get out of the car so fast and get my tripod up.
7:29 AM


7:38 AM


7:41 AM


7:42 AM{KK paperlove, takeheart}


7:43 AM

The Theme this week for Texture Tuesday is "look up".
8:26 AM{KK partings, aurora, just cause}

This was the view as I was driving out of my neighborhood!! This is from my phone .  . .

And this is half way there . . . I learned after I got to the sunrise, from another photographer, that these clouds are the outer bounds of a hurricane off the pacific coast (CA, Mexico border), reaching all the way into the Gulf of Mexico. You can tell they have a swirling movement to them.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't beside myself for not being right there to photograph this! And althoughevery sunrise is beautiful and magical in its own way, this kind of show doesn't happen often. But, I couldhave slept through it, so I guess today I'm thankful for that headache too! : )
Have a lovely Tuesday all . . . Love, KimXO

Sharing with Communal Global, Texture Tuesday, Sweet Shot Tuesday




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder