9 Ekim 2012 Salı

A Winged Heart for a Blessed Friend

To contact us Click HERE
Red Heart in Progress7

Red Heart in Progress8

Red Heart in Progress10Red Heart in Progress9

Finally finishing up my red patchwork winged heart! Drawing and painting the feathers took me a bit longer than expected, but I am really happy with them. Found some beautiful authentic papyrus paper at my favorite art store and realized today it was perfect for making the crown--papyrus makes me think of ancient scrolls, or wisdom. So a crown of wisdom it is! I think I like it...might need to sit with it for a couple of days.

My friend's baby girl was born almost three weeks ago and her name means "Blessed Friend." I'm so ready to get this in the mail to her, but I find it difficult to let go when I'm working on custom paintings (or any gift, package, or letter for that matter) for people I love--it's like I want to squeeze all the love and thoughtfulness into it that I can, to make it absolutely perfect, to show how much I really care. And in the process I almost always end up being late, or sometimes not ever sending the package or letter at all because my words feel so empty and it seems I just can't do enough to truly show my heart! 

But this is not the truth, I know. I'm working on the dreams of simplicity, sincerity and consistency--to truly believe and rest in the extravagant love of God (instead of always feeling that I must earn His love) and just let that light shine easily and flow supernaturally through me (instead of always feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough to communicate my heart). Because "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He LOVES us" (a line from this song, a recent favorite that I listen to about ten times a day :) I wish you could see the way my little girls twirl around and around with their arms outstretched everytime they hear this). 

I am beloved. YOU are beloved!  The One who knit our hearts together in the very beginning is the same One who we can trust to puzzle the broken pieces back together again, and even more than that, to fit our hearts with their very own set of wings.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder