13 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Be still . . .

To contact us Click HERE

  As the dawn breaks over the horizon, for which I see no beginning or end,I sit in stillness and know that you are God. When I silence my heart and mind,
I can hear you call my name. And as my eyes take in the beauty around me,I see all that you have written.  - Kim

I had set my alarm, but hit snooze a few times too many. I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it on time for the show, but decided to just go anyway. I'm glad I did . . .  I raced out of the car with camera and tripod in hand, and this was the very first click of the morning. And surprise, this week I do have more than just the sunrise. ; ) 

And as soon as the sun rose just behind the clouds, it turned into this . . .

If you look really closely in the photo above, far in the distance in the golden light, is this shrimp boat that I zoomed in on.

There is just something about the stillness at the start of the day, although that doesn't mean everything else around us is still. There seemed to be a fierce game of chase going on.

And I wasn't the only one in need of a little reflection.



And then I was off, just down the street, to sit and just think about nothing. It's one of my favorite spots along the coastal birding trail, a small wooden platform off in a little alcove. This place is kind of likean eraser for my mind, where inspiration comes in the stillness. The silence of real life. Where you can hear things you can't see rustling about, where you can hear the buzzing of a dragonflies wings.


And on my walk, I have to say that I was a bit surprised to see Wisteria blooming this late in the season. The photo art Friday theme this week is container and I'm stretching this one a bit. The heavenly scent iscontained by this beautiful vine....I know, I know, but it's all I got.
{Flower Art Friday / Photo Art Friday - textures, RHWest Script, and age it from Pixel Dust}
As I started heading back to the car I just happened to spy this Night Heron up in the trees. He wasn't at all
liking the clicking of my camera and didn't stick around long.

And then shortly after that, I had found a bench in the shade and sat down to take a break from the heat. And there it was, this Green June Beetle rustling around the ground. It was incredible, as the metallic colors seemed to glow in the shade. Oh, but I didn't have my macro lens with me (it was still in the car), so I looked around for something to carry it back on, hoping the whole while it didn't fly away and that I could actually change my lens without losing it.  

Just check out that antennae! And it was no small beetle at about almost an inch long and half an inch wide. It was pretty difficult to really capture all its shiny metallic colors, and he didn't want to play dead and roll over so I could show you his belly that was a metallic copper. He would have made a great specimen for some resin jewelry, but I wasn't about to kill it.
{Shoot.Edit.Submit}
"Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don't realize thisbecause almost everyone is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessantmental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from being."
-Eckhart Tolle
How do you quiet your mind, do you have a special place?Wishing you a wonderful weekend with some stillness!Love, KimXO




 photosbyleanne Photo Art Friday  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder