11 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

Photo-heart connection, number IX

To contact us Click HERE


{KK warm sun, overlay}

Gathering . . . doesn't it always seem that society, and our culture wants us to be illusionedinto feeling the need to gather things. Things that break, and need dusting.  A bigger house and a bigger yard, mean more up keep, or money to pay someone else to do it. Things, that just suck away all of our time. Time we could be spending on gathering not things, but simply that of experience and memories and of time with each other.
  I grew up close to my grandfather, who grew up in the great depression. They had to rent out their house and live in their garage to survive the times. You carry that with you later in your life, and as I grew up and spent time with him, I watched him use envelopes from the mail as notepaper for grocery lists, and mark the dates on can goods, etc. He didn't know it, but he was a recycler well before his time.  I have carried some of that with me too, and once I have gathered something, it's much harder for me to ungather it. I am always thinking I may need it later.
But this image reminds me of what I want to gather in my life right now and that isn't trinkets for my home, or for a closet full of things I can't wear in this lifetime, or for things that make me a slave to time. I want to gather the simple moments of life like watching a butterfly lay eggs in the garden, or watching the sunrise, or feeling the sand beneath my feet and making memories with my family and friends. The things I want to gather now do not need the aid of a basket, just my presence.
Love, KimXO
P.S. - Today I am over at Focusing on life introducing our new theme for the month of October.Come check it out, and join in on the fun in our flickr group for a chance to be the weekly InFocusselection featured on our blog!

Sharing with, Communal Global, Sweet Shot Tuesday, Texture Tuesday,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder