15 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Abstract flower painting . . .

To contact us Click HERE


Good morning, and happy Tuesday!I'm behind, again, well maybe I'm just not ever not behind? Is that to many double negatives?
*** (insert smiley face here) ***
I had fully expected to get this post done last night, or better yet after my metals class yesterday,but I stayed all day...and playing with fire and glass and saws, well that tends to wear a person out.In a good way, a very good way....I slept well last night!!
Last week I shared some fun stuff I'm doing with my lens, painting with movement. But I've alsofound that I can get a "painted look" without movement as well. I love flowers, I love the way theylook, the way they feel, and smell and I just love taking pictures of them. Since I never planted anycool season flowers in my garden, I've been enjoying the $4 specials at the grocery store and we've beenspending quality time together on my front porch. I've been playing with my 40mm macro lens with a wide open aperture to get lots and lots of blur.
I think when we first set out on our journey with our camera, I know this is true for me, we are happy to get photographs that are half way decent and NOT blurry, as in in focus. I didn't understand aperture, speed, and ISO and how any of it worked together. I just knew I had a new camera and wasn't getting results like others, like I wanted. And then after much practice I was beginning to get the shots I was looking for AND with some added bonus of the beloved bokeh, but I was just using my camera as a tool to record.
Revelation number two: My camera is a tool that can help me "create" rather than just record. It's taken me some time to realize my photographs don't have to have anything to do with exactly what the subject looked liked at the time, but rather about a creative vision based solely on my heart and my experience in that moment. And you know I'm all about the moment.
I'm just letting my heart create, rather than thinking too much about any of it . . .and taking full controlof the camera. Because so many of the times, "Nicki" just doesn't see things the way I do! lolThese were all taken on my covered front porch at different times of the day, in indirect light, on cloudy, sunny, and or overcast days.

{ Kim Klassen textures: Camomile, minus 43 and Oh my }
(Sooc), and slightly cropped

Added some textures to give the feel of a canvas.

(Sooc) and cropped.

Kim Klassen warm sun 



Slight exposure adjustments, love this the way it is with the dark and muted background.(Tones on Tuesday)

But I had to play - I was going for a an old painted look here.
I don't think I've ever gotten my moneys worth out of anything like my $4 finds at the grocery store, or killed so much time! But I have been having fun...You really don't need a macro lens to try this. Just grab a lens, one that you can switch to manual focus, find some good light and really pay attention to your background.Ready...set....click! And P.S. - things just might get a little foggy on Thursday, just sayin'!!
Have a great day...Love, KimXO
Sharing with Texture Tuesday, Sweet Shot Tuesday,  Tuesdays Around the World, Tones on Tuesday

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder