20 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

It started out about a flower{s} . . .

To contact us Click HERE


Once upon a weekendI went in search of some flowersso I went to my local nurseryand whiled away the hours . . .


{ Kim Klassen Dowtown 2 collection - Isobel in overlay }
but through the reeds I did spywith my wondering eyesa tiny green tree froglooking for flies.
Yep, I found Kermit and his cousins!


To give you some perspective, this green tree frog ranges from 1 1/4" to 2 1/2" and these blades from the butterfly lily are only about 1 1/2" wide.

They let me get very close, only occasionally moving to a different spot.

Otherwise, this is the position they assume most of the time.
{Kim Klassen Downtown collection - Edith multiply}
When they do decide to move, you had better be quick . . . they are lightning fast jumpers!

She was enjoying our photo session, and what a great smile! lol
"It's not easy being green" - Kermit

Our temps right now are hovering around the 70 mark, give or take a little and although I'm really anxious to get back to the beach, I have to say this is my second favorite spot in the world to spend time. I've been back three times, and all three times these little guys are hanging out in the same spot in the exact same gallon of lillies, which happens to be in the middle of the table, and yes I practically have to crawl onto the table to get close enough. But as soon as it starts getting warmer, they will be hiding where they won't easily be found so they won't become fried frog legs!
Oh, and before I forget, I'm over at my collaborative blog Focusing on Life today, here. Something about seeing more by seeing less and a challenge to change your lens. Come on over and visit me!!
I hope you have a great Tuesday . . . ribbet!Love, KimXO
Sharing with Texture Tuesday, Sweet Shot Tuesday, Tuesdays Around the World



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder