20 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

You're not seeing things . . .

To contact us Click HERE

No, you're not on someone elses blog by mistake, it's still me. The girl whoresists change, likes my comfort zone, decided I needed to freshen up around here.Of course I'm not sure it was all just resistance to change...and it might have had something todo with the fact that I'm not only technically challenged, but fearfully technically challenged.
Really, I'm always afraid that I'm going to hit a button and POOF it will all be gone! Hopefullyyou weren't here while I was trying to change it, AND my mind. Seems I not only have a problemwith change, but making up my mind too.
"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sightharder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggsat present. And cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary decentegg. We must be hatched or go bad.
- C.S. Lewis
So, in keeping with my word this year...Possible...I thought I would see if it was possible to makes some changes by seeing if I could start the hatching process of my technically challenged self  without falling straight to the ground. But hey, I didn't say anything about not being frustrated. I know you're laughing, I mean it should be fairly simple, right? But at least where I'm technically challenged, I'm adept at using a jewelers saw. ( I have the jewelers saw on my mind as I'm starting back to my metals class this morning....(whoo hoo) ) 
 Not sure about your part of the world, but mine has been rainy, cold, overcast, gray, raining, raining, raining!! But, when I saw that the sun was going to make a grand entrance I made a bee-line straight to thebay. It sure did my body, mind and soul some good to see that sun, and boy did I have a great day last Friday!! If you follow me on instagram (KIMATPICKINGPOPPIES) you know I had quite the little adventure and to be honest I think I had more fun with my phone that day! 


The light was perfect for a silhouette....

....and the sky looked painted.

You know I'm always one to love me some water drops, but there was something about these being on the back of the leaf that intrigued me and gave the drops almost a watercolor painted effect.

I visited the butterfly garden and came across dozens of butterflies. Mostly Queen butterflies, like this male and female pair, with a few Monarchs and cloudless sulfurs.


As I walked towards the bay, I saw lots of birds, this Rosette Spoonbill is one of my favorites...justlook at that pink!!

It became really overcast, and ended up becoming drizzly and cold again, but the colors of everythingwere really saturated.

And here are half the IG pics I took that day, in random order.


With all this rain we are having, I can only imagine the beautiful spring it will be around here, and the bluebonnets and wildflowers planted along the highways will be in plenty!
Hope you all have a wonderful Monday...Love, KimXO

Sharing with Inspire-me-Monday, Macro Monday, Project 52




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder