11 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

An Unlikely Pair

To contact us Click HERE
Rabbit and StrawberriesWhite Fox 
My little bunny is finished, and he has a friend (who looks too sleepy to eat him)! Today I will be working to add a mama hawk and her babies to my family of forest creatures. 
I have discovered that I enjoy drawing in pencil on creamy handmade paper, filling in the drawing with white gouache paint, and then adding some more drawing to the top of the chalky paint surface. This technique creates such a nice, soft feel as the cream color offsets the bright white and provides the perfect contrast for a bit of colorful geometric collage. I am imagining these on the wall in my girls' room--or as gifts to hang in a new baby's nursery!

Speaking of kids--do stop over at Carin's blog to read the lovely interviews (including mine) in her "Love that Arty Mama" series. Thanks, Carin, for featuring me! I always love thinking more about how my art life intersects with my life as a mama. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder