15 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Enter . . . the exit

To contact us Click HERE

an opening, but not necessarily literalproviding access to a placeor from somethinga way in, a way outa departure, an arrivalsomeone comes, someone goesin fact one can simply create the other
What am I? An entrance or an exit . . . well, actually both.And, it's also the theme for Photo Art Friday this week, to interpret how we wish. 
Last weekend we went to watch the reenactment of the Battle of Galveston. And thanks to all of you who kept your fingers crossed that we wouldn't get rained out, it worked, you're awesome! Now if I had only asked you to keep your fingers crossed that everyone else with a camera stayed home that day. I don't think I've ever run into more rude people with cameras and their phones. I was pretty sure I didn't leave the house with an invisibility cloak on, but none the less, I had someone walk in front of nearly every shot I tried to take. So I have no real shots of the actual "battle",  but I did have a great time getting over it with some gumbo and shrimp brochette. :)
And,  I did have fun processing these to look like old photos.
  
Both of these could be interpreted as either exiting or entering, I guess it all depends on where you stand.But they are exiting to enter battle. . .
(Photo Art Friday )For the entire weekend both the Union and the Confederates set up encampments and lived as authentically as they would have back in 1862, sleeping in tents on straw beds and cooking their food over an open fire.  

Exiting battle, and entering victorious.

After the battle we made our way to one of the encampments, but sadly many were M.I.A....there was a Texans game going on and we passed many of them sitting in a bar or restaurant.

But I found someone more than willing to pose for me! I'm always so apprehensive about snapping pictures of strangers when they're looking. But going to things like this helps just a bit, because when they are dressed up, ready for the part, they quite like it I think. I kept the one above with a little bit of color so you could hopefully make out the figures a little better. There was a violinist playing in the background with her hoop dress, and a couple was watching.

In this one I asked him if he would blow a couple of puffs of smoke for me . . . love it!
"Every exit is an entrance somewhere else."- Tom Stoppard

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I will be having a giveaway on Saturday in a blog hop I'm participating in and it's open to everyone! I can tell you that it's wearable, and handcrafted my moi!
Until then...Love, KimXO
Sharing with This and That Thursday, Little Things Thursday, Thursday Favorite ThingsCool Clicks Thursday, Photo Art Friday, Friday Photo Journal, Finding Serendipity (1440)Weekly Top Shot 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder