19 Şubat 2013 Salı

Artsyville { I Heart Art }

To contact us Click HERE

Today I would like for y'all to meet Aimee the colorful artist behind Artsyville. I have several pieces of her work in my office. I love the happy colors and encouraging words she shares through her art.

When did you firstbegin creating art?Hi Lindsay! Thanks somuch for asking me to be part of your I Heart Art series! I’ve been handlettering, drawing, painting, and playing around with color off and on for 25years. It was only in the last 5-10 years, though, that I brought all of thosecomponents together to find my own creative niche. Once I got into a dailyrhythm of experimenting, practicing, and blending colors and letters around myown handwritten poems and phrases, I found that my own artistic style had beenthere all along.

Make Time For Your ArtProperly Caffeinated
What is yourfavorite/most sentimental creation you have made? Why? There are two that areclose to my heart. The first is Creative Fire. It was one of the first piecesin my Artsyville style, and it zips up my philosophy on inspiration: mainly,that it arrives on its own clock, and who knows how long it will stay, so makethe most out of it while it’s here! The second is a love letter to my creativehometown of Lawrence, Kansas. It’s a quirky, zany little college town in themiddle of the prairie. It was an environment that fueled my creativedevelopment at a time when I really needed it. We moved away last year, soreading that poem makes me feel connected to the happy, creative, carefree lifewe had there.

Creative Fire
Lawrence, Kansas
Is there a projectyou've always dreamed of creating? What would it be?There was, and I did!Earlier this year I self-published The Things We Do, a zine-style book that Ihandlettered/drew about all the stuff we do as parents -- things that we’reeither too busy to remember or too tired to give ourselves credit for doing. Ipolled everyone I knew, and the list kept growing and growing until I finallydecided to get it all out on paper. The planning, organization, layout andlettering took about a year. It will never truly be complete (just likeparenting), but getting to my own finish line on that project was quitesatisfying. It also made me realize that for all of our perceived differences,we parents all have (and do) a lot more in common than we might think!

Things We Do
Teach What You Love
Artist in Bloom
As for links, I takemy doodles everywhere -- just type in Artsyville and you’ll find me there!
Villagehttp://artsyville.blogspot.comhttp://artsyville.etsy.comhttp://www.facebook.com/artsyvillehttp://www.twitter.com/artsyvillehttp://www.instagram.com/artsyville
Thank you Aimee for taking time to share! And Aimee is offering 20% off your order with the code IHeartArt through Friday 1/25/2013! Go find something colorful to add to your walls!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder